Internet explorer 6

chajun

I have sudenly discovered on my IE 6 that if I look at a page for example the Wanaddo home page I have bits of the picture missing with parts of the "page cannot be displayed message" in places where text or pix should be. Yet if I use mozilla fire fox I do not have problems!

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

I checked the Wanaddo home page with IE6 without any problem but based on its design, I'm guessing that you are running a pop-up blocker. Did you install the Windows XP SP2 update? If so, check the pop-up blocker settings.

Alternatively, you may have a bad/interrupted download of the page cached. Click Refresh. If it changes, check that your IE settings are Tools > Internet Options > General > Settings > Check for newer versions of stored pages: Every visit to the page

I checked the Wanaddo home page with IE6 without any problem but based on its design, I'm guessing that you are running a pop-up blocker.  Did you install the Windows XP SP2 update?  If so, check the pop-up blocker settings.

Alternatively, you may have a bad/interrupted download of the page cached.  Click Refresh.  If it changes, check that your IE settings are Tools > Internet Options > General > Settings > Check for newer versions of stored pages: Every visit to the page

Hi Thanks for the info. Tried your suggestions still no luck. I'ts driving me barmey.

Rgds

I remember having that problem, and I think it might have something to do with 'frames' - web-pages within web-pages. And on occasion, the 'inner' web-pages may point to another web-site.

I believe IE (and prob. some others) have an option to (security settings) dissallow navigation across sub-domains (something like that) which I understood to not allow a web-site to load any other website/images/scripts.

I'm not 100% sure, but I do remember this annoying me too.

Hope this helps,

B.

I remember having that problem, and I think it might have something to do with 'frames' - web-pages within web-pages. And on occasion, the 'inner' web-pages may point to another web-site.

I believe IE (and prob. some others) have an option to (security settings) dissallow navigation across sub-domains (something like that) which I understood to not allow a web-site to load any other website/images/scripts.

I'm not 100% sure, but I do remember this annoying me too.

Hope this helps,

B.

Oh, forgot - the other site could even be down.

Though never had a prob with Wanadoo !