How to use custom locations?

So, ccleaner.ini looks like-- well, a lot of things --but especially this:

CustomLocation1=CHROME|C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default

CustomLocation2=FIREFOX|C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5gt2o399.default

I'm using the official Firefox nightlies and official Chromium hourlies, and that appears to have confused CCleaner. Ever since going nightly, CCleaner's refused to compact my Fox SQLite3 databases (but it performs other profile cleaning), so I finally added the Firefox entry. --still no compaction. I should note that Namoroka (the Fox nightly) is installed in %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox and is still called firefox.exe. This seems like some sort of bug, possibly.

Now that there is theoretically support for custom Chrome locations, I said "Whoopee!" and added one. Chrome/Chromium/whatever doesn't appear anywhere in the sea o' checkboxes. I'd rather like compaction for the Chromium SQLite3 dbs, not to mention cache cleaning.

I tried reversing the order-- still nothing. Have I missed something crucial in the syntax?

• Moderators

I've yet to try out custom locations but in the docs section of the site I don't see an equal symbol

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsers

Method #1: Clean profile information using the CustomLocation entry in ccleaner.ini

You can enter as many locations for CCleaner to clean in the Options section of ccleaner.ini, but they must be in the following format:

CustomLocationX FIREFOX|[folder path]

Where X is a whole number starting at 1 and going upwards.

Here is an example which specifies two Mozilla-based browser locations for cleaning:

CustomLocation1 FIREFOX|C:\MagicFox\data

CustomLocation2 FIREFOX|C:\GeckoWow\profile\sam

Notes:

The location entries must start at 1 and proceed sequentially upwards.

The folder path is case-insensitive.

You must use the term "FIREFOX" followed by the pipe symbol and the folder path.

You do not need to add entries for Firefox, Flock, or SeaMonkey -- they are already supported by default in CCleaner.

I also wonder in the . in the username is causing ccleaner to barf on the entry. If this is the case, Piriform will need to fix that.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I've yet to try out custom locations but in the docs section of the site I don't see an equal symbol

http://www.piriform....ozilla-browsers

I also wonder in the . in the username is causing ccleaner to barf on the entry. If this is the case, Piriform will need to fix that.

Right, but every existing entry in ccleaner.ini uses = for assignment. Tried it without anyhow. No change. (The blog post about the new custom Chrome support used = in the examples.)