Piriform Programs keep flagging the UAC in Win7 (64 bit)

starman3000

I'm not sure if this is the correct topic to post this in, but I'm having an issue with all Piriform programs. (I didn't want to make four posts.) Every time I run one of them, I keep getting the "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" UAC screen. I'm running Windows 7 (64 bit). This happens with all four Piriform programs. Yes, even Speccy.

Is there anyone else having this problem and how do I fix it?

This is seriously driving me up the wall. And I don't want to turn off UAC. Even though it might be the simplest solution, I'm not willing to open up my system like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Moderators

That is what UAC is for to warn you if a program will make drastic changes to protected folders on your PC or the Registry, Piriform Program do that. UAC is doing it's job and the Piriform programs are written correctly to ping UAC.

This is not a bug. Now luckily for you windows 7 has four different levels of UAC, perhaps one to the two that are not act like vista or turn UAC off would be more to your liking? but really UAC is a very very good thing. (check out one setting from the top this may indeed be of your liking)

P.S. Speccy sets it off because it accesses parts of windows that Microsoft has flagged as inform user if touched, PCWizard and SIW (two programs which act similar to speccy) also require UAC.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com