Loss of saved log-on cookies at pc startup.

TopCat

Hello there from a new member requiring help, please!

Until recently CCleaner has worked fine on this computer, but now I find from booting up the computer I have to keep entering my log-on details for each 'special' website. The relevant 'special' cookies though remain listed in the saved window of CCleaner.

I have Windows XP SP3 with IE7 browser and I'm using version 2.33.1184 of CCleaner, having read on the internet about problems with the latest version, 2.34.1200. My computer has all the security downloads from Windows Update and has been scanned for any 'undesirables' lurking on it!

In my search for an answer to my problem someone in a forum mentioned unticking the 'index.dat' box. I have done this in CCleaner and my problem has gone away! But now of course index.dat is not cleaned, so is there a complete solution I could use, please?

Thank you very much for any help provided.

Kind regards and best wishes to all,

Ray

• Moderators

If you unhide system files in windows explorer temporaraly (open a folder, go to tools menu>folder options, on the view tab uncheck hide proteted system files) then go into ccleaner's exclude option, add a file and navigate to the cookies folder and choose the index.dat in that folder it should relieve the issue. note that depending of you protexted mode status (iE8 only) you might have a second cookies folder that you will have to do this with.

then you can rehide system files

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com