Cleaning options for JetAudio, PowerDVD, Ulead

starpaws

Crap Cleaner has been recently updated with cleaning options for Quicktime 7.0 and Google Earth, although there's a lot of cool stuff to be cleaned by CC: Painter, PaintShop Pro, Movie Maker, Registry Editor, Photoshop (all versions, including CS2), Acrobat and AcroReader..... But I'd like to see the next release to feature cleaning options for Cowan's JetAudio, CyberLink's PowerDVD and Ulead products. As always, Crap Cleaner will also embed an additional cleaning engine for Sony Media and Steinberg products, such as Sound Forge and Wave Lab.

Have fun!

To perform these additions, changes to the registry must be required. But changing or modifying the Windows Registry without major skills of experience is an extremely dangerous task and this caution message is a useful recommendation for beginners, hobbyists and home users. I'd prefer to wait the next Crap Cleaner release instead, rather than performing myself any harmful changes which potentially cause serious damages to the system, such as crashes and BSODs.

To perform these additions, changes to the registry must be required. But changing or modifying the Windows Registry without major skills of experience is an extremely dangerous task and this caution message is a useful recommendation for beginners, hobbyists and home users. I'd prefer to wait the next Crap Cleaner release instead, rather than performing myself any harmful changes which potentially cause serious damages to the system, such as crashes and BSODs.

The only thing you do in the registry is find the key for each application for detection purposes. If you find ones that say Recently Modified, Save, MRU, and things of that nature you can develop what you need.

You can also submit it here for people to look over.

A good thing is to place an "Add Program" option on Crap Cleaner to add a specific application for cleaning MRUs and other contents. User-friendly options should include a specific category or sub-category (e.g. Multimedia, Browsers, Utilities et al) for placing the newly added program to be cleaned by CCleaner. This useful feature appears to be the easiest way to add many of the most popular Windows applications instead of making harmful changes to the registry and should be added on the next release of CCleaner.