Safari Webpage Previews

Hi all, my name is Hayden..

I'm here today to suggest that Piriform add another feature into CCleaner to delete Safari's Webpage Previews.

CCleaner already have a tab to clean Safari files(cookies, cache, history, and saved informations) under Applications > Safari. So, why not make CCleaner clean out Safari Webpage Previews as well since the Safari tab is already there.

Safari's Webpage Previews folder can be located at: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Safari\Webpage Previews

Look at that folder, i have over 6000 webpage previews(pictures) in there. It's going to take some time to delete as the size of the folder is over 1GB. It would be easier to delete if Piriform adds the feature into CCleaner.

Thanks.

• Moderators

already cleaned via safari\history

CLEANING COMPLETE - (0.110 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.35 MB removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of files deleted

Safari - Cookies 2 KB 1 files

Safari - Internet Cache 779 KB 1 files

Safari - Internet History 604 KB 4 files

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Safari\History.plist 1 KB

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Safari\History\segments 1 KB

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Safari\Webpage Previews\F61B95CC3DA5EBA49338FCA5A4BCB866.jpeg 66 KB

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Safari\Webpage Previews\F61B95CC3DA5EBA49338FCA5A4BCB866.png 538 KB

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

Hi,

You can add a folder to CCleaner to automatically delete its contents simply when you run the cleaner.

Just go to Options\Custom and click on the 'Add Folder' button, navigate to the folder, in this case C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Safari\Webpage Previews, the next time you run the cleaner all the contents would be deleted.

This feature should probably be added to the tab... but until then this might help.

-Harshal

Hi all, my name is Hayden..

I'm here today to suggest that Piriform add another feature into CCleaner to delete Safari's Webpage Previews.

CCleaner already have a tab to clean Safari files(cookies, cache, history, and saved informations) under Applications > Safari. So, why not make CCleaner clean out Safari Webpage Previews as well since the Safari tab is already there.

Safari's Webpage Previews folder can be located at: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Safari\Webpage Previews

Look at that folder, i have over 6000 webpage previews(pictures) in there. It's going to take some time to delete as the size of the folder is over 1GB. It would be easier to delete if Piriform adds the feature into CCleaner.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Hi,

You can add a folder to CCleaner to automatically delete its contents simply when you run the cleaner.

Just go to Options\Custom and click on the 'Add Folder' button, navigate to the folder, in this case C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Safari\Webpage Previews, the next time you run the cleaner all the contents would be deleted.

This feature should probably be added to the tab... but until then this might help.

-Harshal

There's no need to add it, what I quoted above is from my cleaning from that time.

Here is the direct quote from the in built detect and clean in ccleaner

[safari - Internet History]

ID=2010

LangSecRef=3028

LangRef=3162

Default=True

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Safari\Safari.exe

FileKey1=%appdata%\Apple Computer\Safari|History.plist

FileKey2=%appdata%\Apple Computer\Safari|LastSession.plist

FileKey3=%appdata%\Apple Computer\Safari|Downloads.plist

FileKey4=%localappdata%\Apple Computer\Safari\History|*.*

FileKey5=%localappdata%\Apple Computer\Safari\Webpage Previews|*.*|RECURSE

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

hey,

It turned out that i was living in the stone age with version 1.4!! where i had to add those folders.. :(

It does work by checking 'Internet History' under Safari Tab in the latter versions.. latest being 2.35.1223

So Hayden, just upgrade the version.

Thanx Nergal :)

-Harshal

There's no need to add it, what I quoted above is from my cleaning from that time.

Here is the direct quote from the in built detect and clean in ccleaner