Firefox Private Browsing & CC Cleaner

paul_s

Hi all - first time posting on here so forgive me if this topic has been covered before

I have used CC Cleaner regularly but recently installed the new version of Firefox with Private Browsing.

If I turn on Private Browsing, is there any point in then running CC Cleaner? Do we know if Private Browsing leaves anything on my PC which CC Cleaner can then erase?

Basically I hate the idea of leaving footprints all over my PC of where I've been and want to ensure that it's as clean as possible.

Cheers

If I turn on Private Browsing, is there any point in then running CC Cleaner? Do we know if Private Browsing leaves anything on my PC which CC Cleaner can then erase?

Depends if all you are running ccleaner for is firefox. Even in private browsing on older versions of ff, traces are still left.

No fate but what we make

Depends if all you are running ccleaner for is firefox. Even in private browsing on older versions of ff, traces are still left.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I'm using the latest version of Firefox with the following ticked in CC Cleaner:

- Internet Explorer

Temporary Internet Files

Cookies

History

Recently Typed URL's

Index.dat files

Last Downloaded Location

- Windows Explorer

Recent Documents

Run (in Start Menu)

Search Autocomplete

Other Explorer MRU's

- System

Empty Recycle Bin

Temporary Files

Clipboard

Memory Dumps

Chkdsk File Fragments

Windows Log Files

Using Secure Deletion Simple Overwrite (1 Pass)

Is this enough? If not what else do I need to do?

Cheers

Oh I also run CC under the applications tab with the followins specs:

- Firefox/Mozilla

Cookies

Download History

Internet Cache

Internet History

Saved Form Information

Compact Databases

- Internet

Sun Java

I dont need any of that information im a fraid. I said ff still leaves/use to leave traces even in pb.

A bout a year ago we had a real dig deep into ff and found a lot of traces in one of the sqlite files in ff. We was in PB mode.

I doubt even a nosie boss would of found it though.

Basic summery for you, PB mode in ff (going by older versions as never checked into newer ones) would stop 99.9% of bosses/family even knowing where you was surfing

No fate but what we make

I dont need any of that information im a fraid. I said ff still leaves/use to leave traces even in pb.

A bout a year ago we had a real dig deep into ff and found a lot of traces in one of the sqlite files in ff. We was in PB mode.

I doubt even a nosie boss would of found it though.

Basic summery for you, PB mode in ff (going by older versions as never checked into newer ones) would stop 99.9% of bosses/family even knowing where you was surfing

Many thanks - great answer and really putting my mind at rest

Just to complete my understanding I'd really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction to understand sqlite files. I've Googled it but most sites are full of techno-babble and not really easy to understand. I'd just like to know what they are, what they do and where they can be found!

Cheers