More fragmented after defrag & less space

I'm using Defraggler v. 1.20.201 and I'm not sure it's doing the best job...

I analyzed my C drive, defragged it, and analyzed it again. It went from 28% fragmented to 35% fragmented...

I also had 304 GB of free space prior, now I have 247 GB.

I did notice my biggest file in System Volume Information went from 47 GB to 97 GB :blink:

Something doesn't seem right at all. The graph looks better than it did initially though. I hope I get my lost space back... help?

EDIT: After I defragged everything manually, the only files that won't defrag is anything in C:\System Volume Information. But now that 97 GB file is now 104 GB :blink:

EDIT 2: I deleted most of the system restore points and now it's only 1% fragmented.

This thread can be closed/deleted.

Edited by SurPrisE

I'm seeing similar results. The system volume files won't defrag. Defraggler reports them as fragmented but doesn't actually defrag them. If you click on the file list and pick one of these system volume files from the list and right click on it to defrag the single file, nothing happens.

I'm using Defraggler v. 1.20.201 and I'm not sure it's doing the best job...

I analyzed my C drive, defragged it, and analyzed it again. It went from 28% fragmented to 35% fragmented...

I also had 304 GB of free space prior, now I have 247 GB.

I did notice my biggest file in System Volume Information went from 47 GB to 97 GB :blink:

Something doesn't seem right at all. The graph looks better than it did initially though. I hope I get my lost space back... help?

EDIT: After I defragged everything manually, the only files that won't defrag is anything in C:\System Volume Information. But now that 97 GB file is now 104 GB :blink:

EDIT 2: I deleted most of the system restore points and now it's only 1% fragmented.

This thread can be closed/deleted.

I'm seeing similar results. The system volume files won't defrag. Defraggler reports them as fragmented but doesn't actually defrag them. If you click on the file list and pick one of these system volume files from the list and right click on it to defrag the single file, nothing happens.

You cannot defrag Sys Vol Info files. They are shown for reference only.