Firefox Forms - Delete Entries, But Retain Passwords

Newt

• Moderators

If you're referring to "Saved Form Information", I've always had that checked under Firefox, and I've never lost a password for all the sites I retain log-in details for, or been unable to create and retain new ones.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks for your reply.

If "Saved Form Information" does not delete passwords, that would be great. As I am not 100% sure, I haven't checked this item.

Also, the docs at http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/ccleaner-rules/applications-tab, state that Passwords are part of "Saved Form Information". This seems to imply that this selection will delete passwords?

Maybe the user interface could make it clearer whether passwords are going to be deleted or not? (This needs to apply to all browsers, in addition to Firefox.)

• Moderators

It has never deleted my passwords, although I can understand your reticence to check the box.

A confirmation from other members would probably help here, as computers are peculiar animals, and what happens on one doesn't always happen the same on another.

So do any of you Firefox guys have "Saved Form Information" checked and still retain all your passwords?

If we don't get any input Newt, I'll give the topic a bump.

• Moderators

Hi Newt.

Sorry, but we don't seem to have any Firefox users who have that box checked, and have read this thread. ;)

The only way you're gonna find out is check the box, run CCleaner, and then check your sites where you retain login details.

Do you use the CCleaner "Cookies To Save" feature in "Options\Cookies"?

Since using CCleaner for the first time in 2006, I've always had that box checked, and I've never lost any retained log-in details for places like ... this forum; Gmail; Yahoo Mail; A number of image hosting sites; a number of file hosting sites; BBC iPlayer; Demand 5 (UK TV); 4OD (UK TV).

The list goes on, and the worst that can happen is you may have to re-input some of yours. No big thing really I would think, to find out if it would work for you.

Hope that helps.

:)

Hi Newt.

Sorry, but we don't seem to have any Firefox users who have that box checked, and have read this thread. ;)

i just backed up and tested this. Can confirm it does not delete passwords.

tbh, if i was you id delete ur profile after backing up what ever is important and reinstalling

No fate but what we make

• 1 month later...

I tried running CCleaner today and it deleted saved form information in Firefox, but still retained passwords (which is what I wanted :) ).

Perhaps the interface could state that passwords won't be deleted when "Saved Form Information" is selected, so users know where they stand with this issue.