Cookies to Keep: Save cookies of other browsers?

Raener

I really loved the feature of saving cookies of my favourite sites and cleaning the others off my drive.

My problem is, I don't use one of the listed compatible browsers anymore. I am using SRWare Iron (A Chrome alternative with more security) / Firefox's alternative is Pale Moon.

Is it possible to add some kind of functionality to allow users to define a custom browser/directory so that the 'Cookies to Delete' and the 'Cookies to Keep' rules still apply?

You could suggest for me to search for some kind of browser extension to do the job and what a great suggestion, but, I am having no such luck finding one. If I knew how to create one I would.

I realise my suggestion is probably limited to a small fraction of internet users who don't use the major browser beasts in the industry so I am expecting a 'No' and I wouldn't blame you. Yet I thought I'd post this up so you can atleast run it across your eyes and consider it.

Thanks,

Raener

This link you posted seems very useful. Thank you.

Shame it doesn't do what I'm really looking for..

Sure adding some lines of code can get the cookies to delete but from what I perceive CCleaner is not using the 'Cookies to Keep' list to keep the ones I'd like from the Winapp2.ini code from deleting.

Also, when browsing and logging in to various sites using Iron, CCleaner doesn't seem to read what cookies are being saved as they are not appearing in the list, by default 'Cookies to Delete'.

CCleaner's include/exclude cookies list won't have any effect on Iron. With the code below, if CCleaner is run with Iron's "Cookies" item checked, all of Iron's cookies will be deleted.

Any help would be much appreciated on how to, if possible, add this functionality,

Raener

• Moderators

That SRWare Iron cleaner in the pinned topic although it works very well it isn't an official cleaning routine from Piriform, and since none of us regular users know how CCleaner detects things in browsers to detect cookies to keep that's as good as it gets for now.

For the cookies to keep to be something you can actually configure in CCleaner it will require Piriform to make an official cleaner for SRWare Iron and/or other Chromium based browsers.

Actually in that pinned topic post #34 has the most updated cleaners for all the Chromium based browsers.

Hello - am getting no support about this on the srware forum so hope you can help me.

Am using the script you provided here for iron with everything checked in the ccleaner gui. However, when running ccleaner to clean iron, 2 things happen i need corrected.

Firstly, all the changes i've made in the iron search engine options are removed and all default search engines and settings are returned. Secondly, when i open my bookmarks in iron after cleaning, all the favicon pics on the left side of each bookmark have been removed and are now blank. What needs to be tweaked in that code to prevent this from happening every time i run ccleaner??

Thanks!

• Moderators

I don't have Iron installed, but after having a run with the portable version just then, it appears that the favicons are stored in Irons "History" file in the "Profile\Default" folder.

You could try disabling that section of the INI file which cleans History if you want to retain those favicons.

A similar problem appears in Firefox. Deleting "places.sqlite" to clear out all "Sidebar History", deletes all Firefox favicons, and I'm not aware of any solution or workaround for that one yet.

The search engine problem I haven't been able to work out, hopefully one of the other members can throw some light on that one.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Welcome to Piriform by the way.

I don't have Iron installed, but after having a run with the portable version just then, it appears that the favicons are stored in Irons "History" file in the "Profile\Default" folder.

You could try disabling that section of the INI file which cleans History if you want to retain those favicons.

A similar problem appears in Firefox. Deleting "places.sqlite" to clear out all "Sidebar History", deletes all Firefox favicons, and I'm not aware of any solution or workaround for that one yet.

The search engine problem I haven't been able to work out, hopefully one of the other members can throw some light on that one.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Welcome to Piriform by the way.

Thanks for responding. Unchecking all options in the ccleaner gui for iron except for history and cache leaves the search engine settings alone but the favicons are still removed. I would prefer to clean "history" as i assume that contains browsing history??

• Moderators

Yes, I would guess it's your browsing history, and as in the Firefox "places.sqlite" issue with Sidebar History, you have to choose to get rid of both Favicons and History, or neither.

If there is any workaround for this in Iron, I'm sure someone will contribute that information.