restoring registry from cCleaner backup

Jeff Davis

I am having difficulties trying to open some old pictures with the extension ABM and I probably opened them in the past. But my cCleaner looks like it removes unused file extension relationships since the 2nd box on the Registry page is checked on Unused File Exensions.

But I have some old registry backups dating back to Jan 8 of this year. Would it be advisable to restore those if there might have been other issues dealt with and other programs added since then? And how would I restore to one of those saved registry backups?

I am having difficulties trying to open some old pictures with the extension ABM and I probably opened them in the past. But my cCleaner looks like it removes unused file extension relationships since the 2nd box on the Registry page is checked on Unused File Exensions.

But I have some old registry backups dating back to Jan 8 of this year. Would it be advisable to restore those if there might have been other issues dealt with and other programs added since then? And how would I restore to one of those saved registry backups?

ccleaner only backs up the removed entrys at that particular time. Restoring an older back up wont restore the recent changes. Just right click the latest back up and click merge. you may need to do this is safe mode (might not)

If i was you id forget the ccleaner backups, and install ERUNT, it's a small app that most of us on here use that creates a full reg back up at system start (you wont notice it)

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

No fate but what we make