Taskbar Notification Area Icon Cleaning

ptbluster

Windows can show, hide or show when activated notification icons but in order to remove obselete icons, the registry entries must be removed.

It would be nice not only to be able to remove obselete icons but to see a list of all registered icons and their values. Sometimes, it is not easy to recoginize what icons are associated with what processes.

Thanks

You can already do that in the taskbar properties;)

I'm using XP home edition sp3. Taskbar properties will allow to 1)always show, 2)always hide or 3)show an icon when in use. You can not delete the icon entry from the notification area using taskbar properties. The only way I've found to do this is to delete to registry keys then have explorer reinstall them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using XP home edition sp3. Taskbar properties will allow to 1)always show, 2)always hide or 3)show an icon when in use. You can not delete the icon entry from the notification area using taskbar properties. The only way I've found to do this is to delete to registry keys then have explorer reinstall them.

Yeh as far as i know too, the only way to clean this is the delete the old registry key and restart explorer.exe

I thought ccleaner tray notification cache option would do this, but it certainly doesn't.