IE 8 Favorites and CCleaner

mpw101

For some reason CCleaner erased two Favorites. One each on two separate cleanings. "ABC News" disappeared before the last update and "NY Times" disappeared after the latest update. Just all of a sudden I went to click a Favorite and it was gone. I think these are the only two, although I have many and may later discover others.

Has this happened before? Is there a way to fix this or exclude Favorites from cleaning? Does this have anything to do with cleaning the Prefetch?

I am using IE 8 and Windows XP Sp3.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason CCleaner erased two Favorites. One each on two separate cleanings. "ABC News" disappeared before the last update and "NY Times" disappeared after the latest update. Just all of a sudden I went to click a Favorite and it was gone. I think these are the only two, although I have many and may later discover others.

Has this happened before? Is there a way to fix this or exclude Favorites from cleaning? Does this have anything to do with cleaning the Prefetch?

I am using IE 8 and Windows XP Sp3.

Thank you.

OK. I just went to Favorites to click the link for "NY Times" and it has disappeared again. This never happened until I started using CCleaner.

Is there no one who can tell me what to turn off so the cleaner stops knocking out my saved links?

OK, never mind, this is a unique bazaar quirk of only my computer and it has never happened before and no one has any idea why some of my Favorites suddenly disappear and apparently there is no solution. If I want to use CCleaner I must tolerate the sudden disappearance of Favorites from time to time.

:(