Google reader anyone?

englishmen

Thanks for notify me about this, I didnt know about that Google had an RSS Feed reader until now.

Just tried it out and it was okay, but the interface could have been better.

Added Slashdot, what have you added?

A little scary that one company knows what news I read, what I search the net for, what mails I get and send etc...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Same here the interface does need some work as well at the bugs that i have as well as others have found. I have completely switched to google reader from bloglines but i just logged into bloglines to make sure i got all my feeds and now they have hot keys to navigate which they did not have a week a go i.e. before google reader introduced them. talk about a rip off even the next article and previous article hot keys are the same j & k, naughty bloglines. My feeds are as follows, do you have any suggestions for a good pc game news feed i was subscribed to gamepsot but i don't like it.

Apple Movie Trailers

BBC News | Entertainment | UK Edition

BBC News | Science/Nature | UK Edition

BBC News | Technology | UK Edition

BBC News | UK | UK Edition

BBC News | World | UK Edition

BBC SPORT | Football

BBC SPORT | Motorsport

BetaNews

Gizmodo

Microsoft Security Bulletin

TEM : Firefox Extensions

I only got Slashdot. You got plenty of feeds, that must take forever to read through.

I dont know any gaming feeds since games dont interest me. I think games in the good old days was better, now every game is the same, soul less piece of software and people seem to consider the graphics the most important factor, and you need high-end computers for them.

A feature Google Reader should have is import/export OPML which is a file that contains all your feeds. So you can change/migrate, etc from service to service or application to application.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

My feeds do take quite a long time to read but the feeds i have are ones that interest me so its not really a chore it is also allot quicker the browsing the web sites. I love games but i do agree the enthesis on graphic polish needs to be toned down i mean look at doom 3 stunning to look at crap to play, just like any other shooter under the graphics. I also love old school games i have a psp with firmware 1.5 and im always playing snes, amstrad 464(my first pc) & mega drive games on it. You may like GameTunnel it is a gameing website but only independent games i.e. none from EA, Ubisoft etc and allot of the developers really focus on the game play first, Try Gish its brilliant.

Check out this review for Quake 4 its got a 10 rating for graphics but for 7 is it just me or should that not be around the other way? Same for Doom 3.

Good thinking on the import/export OPML i suppose its a good job they have had it since launch then. Its how i got my feeds from bloglines.

Oh, I never noticed the OPML feature.

I have feeds that interest me too, but sometimes it feels like half the day has gone after read my feeds and like all day was wasted.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

Granted on some days i don't like reading them but i feel if i don't im going to miss that one story that will interest me. Any how the feeds go back weeks so i suppose i wont miss any.

I have also just discovered a app called Klipfolio its a very small very fast and free it sits on your desktop and delivers you your feeds or klips which are klipfolio user enhanced feeds. You can get klip's here from the Klipfarm