Driver cleaning?

goldman

hello, I'm new here, but I've been using CCleaner for some years now(before ver2.0) and i really love it...

well, my suggestion is basically to add a little "tab"(like the cleaner, registry, tools tabs) for driver cleaning, which would clean driver leftovers as programs like driver sweeper or driver cleaner do.

this would be really helpful because to install drivers the right way, you're supposed to uninstall the original driver, reset, run a driver cleaner in safe mode, reset again and install the original driver.

well, i hope i explained myself right(my english can be kinda crappy, my original language is spanish)

thanks in advance

I just don't find that suitable for inexperienced users as curiosity with that might cause harm to them if ever they mess up with the drivers using CCleaner.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

you're supposed to uninstall the original driver, reset, run a driver cleaner in safe mode, reset again and install the original driver.

I know nothing about this, but assuming that is true, you need a lot more than a simple TAB

You have to work in Safe Mode.

How many people know how to get into safe mode ?

Well, all the moderators do, and quite a few forum members do,

but the average Joe public whose computer is running slow and a friend told him to try CCleaner ! ! !

Uninstalling :-

Portable Applications, easy, like picking off a sticky elastoplaster - just delete it.

Others, easy if you are lucky, could be like pulling a tooth - permissions issues to manually contend with

Original Drivers - Never done it, I am thinking like heart surgery where the surgeon is also the patient ! !

Alan