CCleaner deleting ALL firefox 3.6.3 cookies!

scottls

Win 7 (32), FireFox 3.6.3, A-squared 4.5 paid anti-malware, latest CCleaner.

Noticed Since the latest CC upgrade!- every time I run CC, it deletes ALL FireFox cookies! Analyze doesn't show it flagging Any FF cookies!?

I have all my favorite web site login cookies to keep/saved, and no problem with IE8!

Wouldn't be so bad with IE8, as Id just restore cookies from backups!- There seems to be no way to Export/Import "Only" FF cookies! Grrr!

Q?- FF cookies is checked in Applications, doesn't CC honor the "cookies to keep" list for FF?

Win 7 (x86), ESET Smart Security v8, Zemana Anti-Logger free and no other active anti-malware.
Free on-demand- Old/fast MBAM v1.75 (No Pro/Context!), MBAM Anti-Rootkit BETA, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, herdProtect.
i5-2500 CPU @ 3.67GHz, WD VelociRaptor sata6 10k rpm/64mb Cache HD (WOW!).

Wouldn't be so bad with IE8, as Id just restore cookies from backups!- There seems to be no way to Export/Import "Only" FF cookies! Grrr!

Q?- FF cookies is checked in Applications, doesn't CC honor the "cookies to keep" list for FF?

I don't understand...

Why not just leave the Cookies section in Firefox unchecked???

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• 2 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=166112:date=Apr 13 2010, 05:25 AM:name=scottls)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scottls @ Apr 13 2010, 05:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=166112"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wouldn't be so bad with IE8, as Id just restore cookies from backups!- There seems to be no way to Export/Import "Only" FF cookies! Grrr!

Q?- FF cookies is checked in Applications, doesn't CC honor the "cookies to keep" list for FF?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't understand...

Why not just leave the Cookies section in Firefox unchecked???

I think because he tried to set CCleaner to delete all the cookies, but he wanted it to leave certain ones.

In effect, he was trying to get CCleaner to do a "Delete all cookies EXCEPT these certain ones here!"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is what he was trying to do...

I think because he tried to set CCleaner to delete all the cookies, but he wanted it to leave certain ones.

In effect, he was trying to get CCleaner to do a "Delete all cookies EXCEPT these certain ones here!"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is what he was trying to do...

That is exactly what I was trying to do, and CC is no longer deleting my FF cookies?

It may have been that I accidentally still had Show Hidden files selected?

BTW!- I finally figured out how to backup FF cookies!

To Backup FF cookies-

1. In MyComputer, Tools, Folder Options, View- Show Hidden files, and untick "Hide Extensions for known file types".

2. Go to- C:/users/(name)/appdata/roaming/mozilla/firefox/profiles/(name).default

3. copy/paste cookies.sqlite into your backup folder

4. Go back, and "Don't show hidden files"/reboot

~~~~~~~~~~~

To Restore cookies

1. copy/paste your #3 cookies backup, into #2...

2. Go back, and "Don't show hidden files"/reboot

Win 7 (x86), ESET Smart Security v8, Zemana Anti-Logger free and no other active anti-malware.
Free on-demand- Old/fast MBAM v1.75 (No Pro/Context!), MBAM Anti-Rootkit BETA, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, herdProtect.
i5-2500 CPU @ 3.67GHz, WD VelociRaptor sata6 10k rpm/64mb Cache HD (WOW!).