Defraggler installer error

I noticed that through many iterations of defraggler installer, even the latest version, that if you untick the check for updates box while installing, it will still insist on checking for updates as soon as the installer is finished, & you have to go back in & manually turn it off.

I was just wondering why have the option to disable it in the installer, if it does not work? Perhaps it can be turned off by default, instead of on so they won't have that problem!

In addition, I thought it is a waste of space to install all languages when someone selects only English. But I guess that is pretty minor. The main thing is it is annoying to uncheck the check for updates, & have it check anyway.

Wonder if this can be fixed?

I thought it is a waste of space to install all languages when someone selects only English.

Actually, I think it's better to have all languages in the installer and all them be installed.

1. One different installer for each language wouldn't be good, download websites such as FileHippo would have to have one different page/file for each language on their servers. And I need at least of English and Portuguese together for quick switch between these languages when helping an user in this forum or even all the languages so I can comment about the software with a "web friend" that lives in another country.

2. Adding an screen in the installer with checkboxes for all the languages available wouldn't be very user friendly / beautiful.

3. The lang files are very small!

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

Actually, I think it's better to have all languages in the installer and all them be installed.

1. One different installer for each language wouldn't be good, download websites such as FileHippo would have to have one different page/file for each language on their servers. And I need at least of English and Portuguese together for quick switch between these languages when helping an user in this forum or even all the languages so I can comment about the software with a "web friend" that lives in another country.

2. Adding an screen in the installer with checkboxes for all the languages available wouldn't be very user friendly / beautiful.

3. The lang files are very small!

Defraggler already includes all the languages in a single installer.

This is not what I am complaining about.

It would be much better if someone selects English, for all the other languages to not be installed & waste space.

This is still not what I am complaining about.

The installer had a checkmark you can uncheck to prevent it from checking for updates after install, but of course that never works, because the first thing defraggler does, whether you have that box checked or not, is check for updates!

Defraggler already includes all the languages in a single installer.

This is not what I am complaining about.

It would be much better if someone selects English, for all the other languages to not be installed & waste space.

But I want to select Portuguese and still having the English and other languages as options, and the it's just 636 KB...

My #2 solution would be the best but I don't know if it would be cool putting that language selection screen in the middle of the installer. Oh, I don't know why I'm thinking that way, some very popular software (and games) do that so why not?

This is still not what I am complaining about.

The installer had a checkmark you can uncheck to prevent it from checking for updates after install, but of course that never works, because the first thing defraggler does, whether you have that box checked or not, is check for updates!

I think this check is just for checking if the version you are installing in the moment is the latest (in case you have this file saved in your disk to install later or downloaded a older version by mistake), will not affect the software when you open it later...

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

But I want to select Portuguese and still having the English and other languages as options, and the it's just 636 KB...

My #2 solution would be the best but I don't know if it would be cool putting that language selection screen in the middle of the installer. Oh, I don't know why I'm thinking that way, some very popular software (and games) do that so why not?

I think this check is just for checking if the version you are installing in the moment is the latest (in case you have this file saved in your disk to install later or downloaded a older version by mistake), will not affect the software when you open it later...

Having multiple languages is duplicity. You do not really need to have all languages on your system just because you can speak them all. The purpose of a language selector is not to load as much junk as possible to your PC, but to allow you to choose the language you use, or use the most.

The checkmark box on the installer will ask "Do you want to check for updates?" to which it always DOES check for updates immediately after closing the installer, whether you select no, yes, or nothing at all for it.

In addition, you have to manually turn it off in the settings to keep it from coming up every time you run Defraggler, which annoys me, well, quite a lot!

Whew! Click, click, click! heh heh!

Hope this is fixed before I go crazy(er)

Thanks!