ccleaner and the unused IE

John Grey

I always use ccleaner before shutting down my computer. I use Firefox and NEVER us Internet Explorer.

Yet, when I use the cleaner, there are always IE files to delete... why?

Even when I have not have not used Firefox......

I do want anything from IE on my computer, is there a way to change something here?

Internet Explorer is a core part of Windows.

Developers usually use the IE rendering engine to display websites from within their native applications.

For instance, Steam uses the IE rendering engine to display websites from within the Steam browser.

Other programs like XFIRE, Yahoo Messenger, AOL messenger, and so on, use the IE engine to display advertisements from within their messenger windows.

A lot of programs rely on the IE rendering engine in some way or another, and as a result, you'll always end up with IE cookies, temp files, and so on.

You can't really prevent it, because even if you delete IE, you'll only be deleting the front end. The rendering engine will still exist, and programs will still rely on it, and there's nothing you can really do.

edit: Try right clicking in a program like Steam and you'll quickly find that the context menu is exactly like the IE context menu.

mrrdyb.jpg

Internet Explorer is a core part of Windows.

Developers usually use the IE rendering engine to display websites from within their native applications.

For instance, Steam uses the IE rendering engine to display websites from within the Steam browser.

Other programs like XFIRE, Yahoo Messenger, AOL messenger, and so on, use the IE engine to display advertisements from within their messenger windows.

A lot of programs rely on the IE rendering engine in some way or another, and as a result, you'll always end up with IE cookies, temp files, and so on.

You can't really prevent it, because even if you delete IE, you'll only be deleting the front end. The rendering engine will still exist, and programs will still rely on it, and there's nothing you can really do.

edit: Try right clicking in a program like Steam and you'll quickly find that the context menu is exactly like the IE context menu.

mrrdyb.jpg

Thank you. I was aware that IE cannot be deleted, I did not know what that means in everyday computing.

I learned something, great, thanks once again...

I assume, when I install Windows 7 on my new computer, it will be the same...?

Yup, same in Windows 7.

BTW you CAN delete IE, depending on the version of Windows you're using.

It'll simply remove all traces of the iexplore.exe program so that you never have to physically deal with it again (aside from programs using the rendering engine).