Missing ActiveX/COM/Software keys?

Hello:

I am trying CCleaner 2.3.1130 (March 2010), and I think it's great for cleaning files. But for registry, I don't know if it is OK it does not detect many invalid ActiveX/COM/Software keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}\ProgID\

-Specified program identifier does not exist

-The App ID referenced doesn't exist

-Empty key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\XXXXX

-File / Folder does not exist

-The App ID referenced doesn't exist.

Also there are many empty keys left by uninstallers:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-XXXXX...

• Moderators
I am trying CCleaner 2.3.1130 (March 2009),

uhhhh /me assumes you mean "I am trying CCleaner 2.30.1130 (March 2010)", if not PLEASE UPDATE

ok now to question, Ccleaner is a VERY gentle Registry cleaner and errs on the side of not picking up as much as other cleaners do. so for your question

I don't know if it is OK it does not detect many invalid ActiveX/COM/Software keys:
and assuming you realy do mean "does not" as you typed, then this may be the reason.

If you, instead, meant (IMHO the more logical) " I don't know if it is OK it does detect many invalid ActiveX/COM/Software keys:"

Then

Please read my signature

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

uhhhh /me assumes you mean "I am trying CCleaner 2.30.1130 (March 2010)", if not PLEASE UPDATE

ok now to question, Ccleaner is a VERY gentle Registry cleaner and errs on the side of not picking up as much as other cleaners do. so for your question

and assuming you realy do mean "does not" as you typed, then this may be the reason.

If you, instead, meant (IMHO the more logical) " I don't know if it is OK it does detect many invalid ActiveX/COM/Software keys:"

Then

Please read my signature

Sorry for the mistake, I edited the date.

About registry entries, I agree there are some entries we must not erase, as some files that could be detected and should not be deleted.

However there are many entries that do not make sense because they correspond to uninstalled apps:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-456795690-10365130-2382912392-1006\Software\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Lite\

Maybe there are empty keys from active apps, which should not be deleted. But that's why cleaning is done in bits, checking carefully and backing up, as you noted.