Custom cache location for FF not cleaned

Claudio

Hello, in Firefox it's possible to change the location of the cache by accessing directly the configuration. Type

abut:config

in the address bar, click to dismiss the warning and go to

browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

If it doesn't exist, you can create an entry of type string with that name and assign a value. For example, I have as value

J:\inetcache\firefox

then FF puts the temporary files inside J:\inetcache\firefox\Cache

The problem is that CCleaner doesn't read this value and then it leaves this directory unmodified. I have to use a custom folder, but I would prefer that CCleaner automatically pick this location, since it's a documented way to change the place for temporary files in FF.

I'm using CCleaner v2.28.1091 so I think there's no new version. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

Apparently this is to control a custom location for the profile.

My FF profile didn't move.

I only used an option (not surfaced through the GUI in Toold|Options) to change the location of the temp files. If CCleaner was able to read that, it could know the location without any customization.

Apparently this is to control a custom location for the profile.

I agree and they didn't explain (for me) how and where to make the change to: CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:MyFirefoxProfile

I have moved my location of my profile ie using a different default profile, plus changes the cache to another location

I only used an option (not surfaced through the GUI in Toold|Options) to change the location of the temp files.

I don't understand that - please explain

If CCleaner was able to read that, it could know the location without any customization.

I changed the cache location via about:config , adding preference name: browser.cache.disk.parent_directory , value: path

So seems CCLEANER needs to take default profile location, overridden by any preference directory

I wrote:

I only used an option (not surfaced through the GUI in Toold|Options) to change the location of the temp files.

I don't understand that - please explain

I was referring to the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory entry that you can't set through the menu options in Firefox.