Web browser Iron

jazluvr

Hi...I'm a new member here, (obviously), and i just wanted to ask the powers that be here include a web browser to ccleaners list. I love this little program and have used it with great results with IE7 and 8, Chrome and firefox. I have recently just switched to Iron from Srware. It's very much like chrome, except they don't track you like google does.

It's an awesome browser, and would love to be able to use ccleaner with it. I can use iron's controls to delete history and browsing data, it's almost identical to chrome, but it's NOT a clone. But it's almost identical. The makers wanted to make it similar to chrome because it's so easy and has a very simple interface.

I have tried firefox 3 times, but i just can't get used to it and can't get myself to like it. Anyway, if you guys can add Iron to ccleaner, that would be awesome. I have informed the Iron admin of this and he wanted to know what errors occur when i try to use it, and i informed him it isn't even in ccleaners list, but acknowledges it when i look for programs to delete.

Thanks for your time and attention to this matter.

Create a winapp2.ini entry with the following:

[Internet Cache]
Section=SRWare Iron
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exe
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*

[Cookies]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Cookies

[Internet History]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|*History*
FileKey2=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Thumbnails
FileKey3=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Visited Links

[Current Session]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Current*

[Last Session]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Last*

[Form Data]
Section=SRWare Iron
Default=True
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Web Data

If you don't know how, simply copy the above into Notepad, then save as winapp2.ini making sure the 'Save as type' dropdown box says 'All files'. Then put the file in CCleaners program files folder. When you then open CCleaner you should then see the SRWare entries showing under under CCleaners applications tab :)

That will only work on Windows XP (read the discussion here), plus you left out cookies cleaning. :mellow:

@ jazluvr:

Use the winapp2.ini entries from here (post #8).

That's where I got my code from originally, obviously cocked up the copy and paste (amended my post).

Forgot about the sticky post :rolleyes: