Analyze

deg

At various times after analyzing, I've had a large number of MB's show up as high as in the 400's but when I clean, only amounts way less than 100 MB are removed. Any reason for this and suggestions how to remove the large MB's shown? Or does it matter? Thanks in advance for the answers/suggestions.

Analyze is only approximate but the numbers shouldn't be so far off. Its possible that its scanning files that are in use and can't remove them?

I don't know. It seems like a plausible explanation but for example, a readout will say - 481.9MB to be cleaned then when I hit clean it will say - 39.5 MB cleaned. Would that still indicate files that are in use and can't be removed?

I don't know. It seems like a plausible explanation but for example, a readout will say - 481.9MB to be cleaned then when I hit clean it will say - 39.5 MB cleaned. Would that still indicate files that are in use and can't be removed?

Normally when I have this problem it's because I have a web browser open and it cannot clean the files until I close the browser

Only you can answer this. Read the log(s) shown. Then compare and see whats not removed that was shown.

No fate but what we make

I have in the past noticed that the same file may be reported more than once in the analyse,

sometimes by full Windows name, and sometimes by short DOS name.

Each instance is included in the Analyse total.

But during Cleaning only the first one encountered will affect the amount deleted.

Alan