Stops at 13%

youngplayer9

I am running in advanced with search for non-deleted checked.

The harddrive is an external enclosure made from my old tower's main drive that gave me a S.M.A.R.T. warning when booting up and I am now just getting around to trying to recover it.

But like I said:

1. It sees the harddrive, although says "parameters not found" or similar error when I try to browse in it, just like explorer does(btw I am using 7 if that makes a difference)

2. It starts off pretty quick gets up to 13%

3. Says like 30 seconds left then just stops there and the estimated time left just continuously rises.

No matter what I am searching for, the folder name, or just pictures in general it gets stuck at 13%. Am I totally helpless in getting these photos off the drive?

If reuva can't save it from a damaged drive will any of the pay for programs do a better job?

Thanks for your time,

Corey

It sounds like your drive has bad sectors you will need a tool to repair this otherwise you'll stick be stuck at 13%

I would recommend MHDD - http://hddguru.com/content/en/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/ it's a freeware low level sector scanner and repair tool.

When you start the program make sure "Remap" is set to "ON".

Richard S.

Thanks Richard,

For what its worth I have let it run for a few hours now and it is up to 15%, but I think I am going to go ahead and use the low level repair tool you mentioned to see if that works. If not I will let recuva run until it gets a fatal error or something. :)

Thanks for the reply

Corey