Check / Uncheck - doesn't seem to matter !

Ulstergirl

I have been trying to install CCleaner without the crappy Yahoo Toolbar. I am not so stupid as to blindly install programmes on my pc without carefully checking what is being installed alongside, default or otherwise but, today incredibly I have tried to install CCleaner twice - each time carefully - once again - unchecking the boxes I didn't want. However, when I launched Firefox - lo and behold - there was the Yahoo toolbar ! ! Just to prove I wasn't going mad, I once again uninstalled CCleaner and this time left the checkbox for it checked - in other words to install it (just in case I had misread) but no. Again I installed CCleaner like this twice and each time - yep - it was there. In other words, for me it did not seem to matter whether I checked/unchecked this box - I got the aforementioned crappy toolbar anyway !

I have since found out that I can remove the toolbar and keep CCleaner by uninstalling it as a Firefox add-on. So problem (for me) solved ! ! I was just curious as to how this happened to me in the first place ?

Love CCleaner by the way, it has helped me tidy up my pc after uninstalling the bloatware Norton 2007.

Ulstergirl

from what i can gather, you only said you uninstalled ccleaner then rechecked firefox for the addon. If the toolbar has been installed removing ccleaner wont remove the addon on.

So my guess is you accidently installed it. saw it in firefox, removed ccleaner and reinstalled it making sure the checkbox was not checked and looked again. And it was there. which obviously it would still be since it was never removed.

No fate but what we make