cleaner deleting security sign on image

boomer44

• Moderators

find where the image is stored and use options>exclude to exclude it's cleaning

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Hi boomer.

As I use a Sign In Seal with Yahoo Mail, I had a more detailed look into it myself.

Briefly, it appears that the Sign In Seal Image itself is stored on Yahoo's servers, and is activated by an encrypted cookie stored on your PC.

So after setting it up, and closing down your browser, you need to open CCleaner\Options\Cookies, and move any Yahoo cookie visible in the "Cookies to delete" pane, to the "Cookies to keep" pane.

With a little trial and error, you could eventually find which cookie stores the encrypted information.

Personally, I haven't bothered. I just keep Yahoo cookies.

Full "Sign In Seal" explanation:

One point to note is I had to create Sign In Seals individually for Firefox and Opera.

Hope that helps.

DennisD

It worked for me. Was Login Yahoo cookie. Thank you for your help. I am new to the formu and learning procedures, Thanks again.

Boomer

Hi boomer.

As I use a Sign In Seal with Yahoo Mail, I had a more detailed look into it myself.

Briefly, it appears that the Sign In Seal Image itself is stored on Yahoo's servers, and is activated by an encrypted cookie stored on your PC.

So after setting it up, and closing down your browser, you need to open CCleaner\Options\Cookies, and move any Yahoo cookie visible in the "Cookies to delete" pane, to the "Cookies to keep" pane.

With a little trial and error, you could eventually find which cookie stores the encrypted information.

Personally, I haven't bothered. I just keep Yahoo cookies.

Full "Sign In Seal" explanation:

One point to note is I had to create Sign In Seals individually for Firefox and Opera.

Hope that helps.