C Drive

jackl

I ran Recova to get back some files I had deleted. I connected my Fuji camera with XD card and proceded to download. After about 2 hours and over 7000 files recovered, I realised that these were not my files. I have not taken 7000 pictures on this card. I use a second hand computer and I think these files belong to the previous owner (unknown). The 7000+ files have completely clogged up my C Drive and I cannot download anything I require. In attempting to recover some C Drive capacity, I deleted various programmes which I now cannot re-download as I have no capacity in C.

How can I delete the unwanted files fromC?.

• Moderators

Did you select All Drives in Recuva's drive list instead of just selecting the camera card? Did you then tick the select all tickbox alongside the Filename? Did you not notice that the vast number of files had strange names and were not pics? Do you not remember where you asked the recovered files to be stored? Did you then decide that deleting programs was preferable to deleting unwanted data?

Right-click on the Recycler icon and select Empty Recycle Bin. That'll be a start.

If you recovered the files to a new or empty folder then go to it and shift/del to delete it. If you can't remember the folder name then look at or search for the create date being the time you ran Recuva. If you recovered to a shared folder then find it and go through the unwanted entries with shift/del.

This is such a catalogue of compound errors I don't know if you are taking the mickey: if you are then I don't really mind.