gmail help please!

slowday444

So tabs in any advertisements I receive just open blank pages with nothing but the url of the link at the bottom of the Firefox page. I've forwarded them to Yahoo or my pop3 Outlook Express account and they function normally so it's not any of my security, so it must be some gmail setting I need to change. Thank You!

did you mean Web Clip ?

if yes, go to Setting >Web Clip. It should be checked.

Not exactly! So say you receive an email from "Ace Tools.com" (fictitious by the way) and across the top of the page there are tabs for Mechanic Tools, Carpenter Tools, etc. For some vendors, not all or not all types of tabs (data) on the ad, if you left click the tab it opens in a completely blank page, however, not that this is a lot of work, if you right click it and select open in "New Window" it will open it correctly. I can't help but think there has to be a setting that is causing the pages to open blank.

Interesting you say that.i have a simular issue with top links on google opening in blank tabs but the link works fine.

The highlighted link google shows in the status bar, is how can i put this.... I cant think of the word but not the one i'm trying to navigate to. So maybe this is a way they are trying to keep you on there page but redirecting you "badly" or firefox is not being able handle the url it's been provided.

A quick check shows IE gets the same "invalid request" reply using the same top link in google.

summery: I'm going to blame google for trying to keep is directing through them with out any evidence what so ever.

This is why you should never navigate to a bank or any thing secure through a search engine.

No fate but what we make