Windows 7 (64bit) pin to start

turtle71

New to Windows 7 64 bit.

I have been using Ccleaner for a LONG time.

Got the update today and my pin to start menu now has a cascade for Ccleaner. (a arrow giving me the option to RUN or OPEN the program)

I have no need for either, I just would like the program shortcut pinned to my start menu.

I have looked threw my Reg, looked at the program options. I am not able to find any way of removing this arrow.

Any help would be great.

I did not have this untill I did the update today.

This is NOT happening on my vista or XP machines.

cclean.jpg

• Moderators
New to Windows 7 64 bit.

I have been using Ccleaner for a LONG time.

Got the update today and my pin to start menu now has a cascade for Ccleaner. (a arrow giving me the option to RUN or OPEN the program)

I have no need for either, I just would like the program shortcut pinned to my start menu.

I have looked threw my Reg, looked at the program options. I am not able to find any way of removing this arrow.

Any help would be great.

I did not have this untill I did the update today.

This is NOT happening on my vista or XP machines.

cclean.jpg

yes it's called a Jump list and that's a new, Windows 7 Feature more here

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thanks for the reply.

If it is the jump feature, I am puzzled as to why the other programs I have pinned to my start are not doing the same.

Also the link did not explian how to disable it.

CCleaner is the only one doing it and it was not untill I did the update today.

I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still the same.

EDIT I looked into the jump feature. I have this disabled. That is why (I believe) only CCleaner is doing this.

Would love some advice on how to disable it. The arrow on the right of the pin to start. (see above screen capture)

I believe Ccleaner is not loading properly into windows 7. At least that is what I am seeing on my machine.

If you go to the start menu, all programs, Ccleaner, and right click on Ccleaner, go to properties, open file location, you will notice it can not locate the Ccleaner.exe. It is looking in the wrong place. It?s possible this could be causing this odd problem.

I am sure they will fix the problem soon.

I believe Ccleaner is not loading properly into windows 7. At least that is what I am seeing on my machine.

If you go to the start menu, all programs, Ccleaner, and right click on Ccleaner, go to properties, open file location, you will notice it can not locate the Ccleaner.exe. It is looking in the wrong place. It?s possible this could be causing this odd problem.

I am sure they will fix the problem soon.

Not the case on my machine. Just checked into it. That is a odd problem.

When I uninstalled and reinstalled CCleaner it now finds the path to ccleaner.exe but if I wanted to change the icon, it still does not see the path. The error I get is ?..Windows cannot find?.. %programfiles%\ccleaner\ccleaner.exe.