Cleaning Temp files?

godawgs

These are probably dumb questions, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I want to install a new anti-virus program, so I need to remove the old one completely and then I want to clean out the C:/Documents&Settings/User(me)/Local Settings/Temp files and folders before installing the new program. My ..../Local Settings/Temp folder has a lot, about 108MB of files and folders that CCleaner marks for deletion, unless they are less than 48 hrs. old. The folders in the Temp folder include everything from a folder with net.framework update logs and net.framework wrarpper text docs to a folder with icsjh.dll, icslta.dll, icsscan.dll, and icsweb.dll files.

1. Is it ok to delete all of these or should I make a restore point before before allowing CCleaner to do the deletions?

2. Will a single restore point suffice before running CCleaner on all other limited user accounts,(my account is an admin. acct.), or should I make a new restore point once I enter each additional account?

3. CCleaner has marked a lot of index.dat files for cleaning. I have read that the program marks them so they can be cleaned on the next re-boot. Does anyone know of any probems that this has caused?

I would appreciste any help.

Thanks.

DELL Dimension Desktop

PENT.4, 1.8GHz, 768MB RAM

Windows XP SP3 HOME

IE 6.0.2800.1106 xpsp3

Firefox 3.5.7

DELL Inspiron Laptop

Pentium Dual Core 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM

Windows Vista Premium SP2

IE 7.0

Firefox 3.5.7

BOTH SYSTEMS HAVE

MS Security Essentials

CCleaner 2.27

ERUNT 1.1j

MalwareBytes

Spybot-S&D v1.6.2

SpywareBlaster v4.2

[A]:ABORT; [R]:RETRY; :INFULENCE with a BFH (Large Hammer)