Bug in Defraggler pie chart

mr don

I was at a friends house recently, & when running Defraggler, I noted the pie chart image looking like the attached image.

The pie chart being off-center seems to work fine, up till around 60% full or more, then it starts to look more & more pinched. The lines that draw the empty pie seem to run together right into the used space. I know this is a 3D pie chart, but perhaps the pie can be tilted more dead-on, or maybe closer together lines or something.

Thanks for such a great product!

post-22717-1259352146_thumb.jpg

post-22717-1259352146_thumb.jpg

The pie chart being off-center seems to work fine, up till around 60% full or more, then it starts to look more & more pinched. The lines that draw the empty pie seem to run together right into the used space. I know this is a 3D pie chart, but perhaps the pie can be tilted more dead-on, or maybe closer together lines or something.

I can't quite follow what you are saying. What do you mean by 'off-center'? The aspect ratio of the pie depends on the available window space given to the Properties frame. The less space you give it, the more squished it looks. Or maybe you are irritated by the fact that the free space is drawn transparent. Honestly, in the picture you attached I can see nothing wrong.

regards,

Mike

I can't quite follow what you are saying. What do you mean by 'off-center'? The aspect ratio of the pie depends on the available window space given to the Properties frame. The less space you give it, the more squished it looks. Or maybe you are irritated by the fact that the free space is drawn transparent. Honestly, in the picture you attached I can see nothing wrong.

regards,

Mike

No, no, your getting it all wrong. What I meant by off-center is this.

The pie is done in 3-D & transparent. That is fine. You can see the used space & free space clearly when it is say, 25% for example, or even 50%, but around 75% or so, the 3-D pie lines that for the outer edges appear to blend right into the pie, instead of being clearly defined. By contrast, the MS pie chart on free space, being dead on top view, it is clear to see no matter how much space you use.

An idea I thought of, is what if they had a line, kind of like Vista has, where it shows the free space instead of a pie? In Vista, when you go to My Computer, all drives are represented by a bar that shows free space. It is a graphic that would be impossible to mess up on, & would probably use just a tiny bit less processor power to draw... (Not that Defraggler uses that much, but hey, every little bit helps!)

What I am saying is, you look at a drive that is 25% full, then look at this one. The 75% full one, the lines that make the edge seem to merge into the pie instead of forming an outer edge. You are looking at about 95% of an outer edge rather than an actual pie slice, which may confuse other users.

I am sorry about the confusion. Perhaps I should have been more clear?

I will take the blame for that.