CC Does Not Remove Flash Cookies

markbyrn

I'm using CCleaner v2.25.1025 with Adobe Flash Player checked in the multimedia tab of CCleaner settings, and I have verified that CC does NOT remove local shared objects aka flash cookies.

Verification of non-removal can be made by going to http://www.macromedia.com/support/document..._manager07.html and viewing the visited websites.

Keep in mind that the Settings Manager that you see on the macromedia website is not an example image; it is the actual Settings Manager for your computer. You can delete all the objects by clicking "Delete All Sites" and there is a firefox add-on called 'better privacy' that will also do it but CCleaner isn't doing the job unless there is an additional setting that I'm unaware of.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

There are Flash Cookies which aren't removed by CCleaner, and I think it may be because the particular locations involved are used by quite a number of sites to store Log In details, and Settings.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\Z9N7G7KH

Bold highlighted number will differ on your computer.

and ...

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

I have a couple of folders containing this type of info for a couple of sites I use on a regular basis in both of these locations, and any other "settings.sol" files or folders, I clean with a CCleaner "Include".

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other for me. If the Macromedia folder was cleaned, I would have to use "Excludes", and as it isn't, I use "Includes".

The Flash player leaves a lot of garbage behind...

Besides the 'flash cookies', the settings.sol file contains a list of visited websites (with flashplayer)!

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

This file should be cleaned, most people don't have any specific flash settings!

The Flash player leaves a lot of garbage behind...

Besides the 'flash cookies', the settings.sol file contains a list of visited websites (with flashplayer)!

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

This file should be cleaned, most people don't have any specific flash settings!

http://omploader.org/vM2Fjbg/2010-01-18_124528.png

;this may work for flash9, I don't have it so I chose a detect file that I assume would be present for flash 9 too
[~flash 10]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%windir%\system32\Macromed\flash\flashplayer.xpt
Default=True
FileKey1=%appdata%\macromedia\flash player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys|*.*|REMOVESELF|

I guess I could've used a detectkey, but I didnt feel like trawling through regedit.