Version 2.25.1025

Spatz

As you see I am using the newest version.

I remember that by the systems before, the following registrys have been cleaned (an example):

HKEY_Load-Machine Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\ App Management\ARPCache ..... \

With the new system this is not possible and I am a bit astonished. I could see it by the software RegSeeker.

What do I wrong? If I am wrong, please show me the correct path to clean the said registrys. Thank you!

Spatz

Sorry, my mother tongue is German. Thanks for your understanding.

You must click on the "Registry" button on the left and then click on the "Scan for Issues" button ("Nach Fehlern suchen" in German). CCleaner will then scan for Registry errors.

If RegSeeker finds something CCleaner doesn't find, you shouldn't erase it - CCleaner is one of the safest Registry cleaners.

One advice : ALWAYS backup the deleted Registry keys. Always.

Piriform French translator

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

For good orders' sake I take the liberty to say again that the cleaning was possible (= has also showed by CCleaner) with the older versions of CCleaner. Therefore I am a bit astonished that it is not possible to make it with the newest Version.

Anythere - let's wait and see. Perhaps it will possible with a next version ...

Spatz

Sorry. I have made the following:

Uninstalled the Version 2.25.1025 and reinstalled the Version 2.22.968. Result: I am able to clean in the registry "HKEY_Load-Machine Software\...\,,,\,,,\App Management\ARPCache ...

It appears to me that something has changed in the newest version or a mistake is existing in the program.

Anythere. Wait and see is probabely the right way. Or do you have a better idea?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Spatz

Then it must simply be a CCleaner bug. You shouldn't delete that key.

(I was asking about the 64-bit thing because there were known bugs with Registry cleaning in 64-bit OS in the older CCleaner versions)

Piriform French translator

• 1 month later...