Need help to remove CA eTrust Antivirus

Tanz

I have removed CA eTrust Antivirus with add remove programs but when I try to install different internet securtiy software it keeps asking me to uninstall CA eTrust Antivirus and it won't let me install my new software.

I just bought and have run the CCleaner software

Can anyone please help me. :(

I have removed CA eTrust Antivirus with add remove programs but when I try to install different internet securtiy software it keeps asking me to uninstall CA eTrust Antivirus and it won't let me install my new software.

I just bought and have run the CCleaner software

Can anyone please help me. :(

You brought ccleaner? It's free....... Make sure you always download it from http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Also i would like to suggest never remove programs via m$ built in uninstaller. It never completely removes the software.

Use something like your uninstaller (among others)

Seems to me alot of people are having trouble with this AV

I dont have time to research these links but try

http://crm.my-etrust.com/CIDocument.asp?Si...0&KDId=3195

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=175239

internet security packages are a waste of time and completly unneeded resource hoggers

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Even if manually removed like that it may still have a Windows Installer reference that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility may be able to get rid of.

Maybe you don't need this info or not, however I'll post it anyways as you may have to refresh the Security Center too:

WINDOWS SECURITY CENTER IS SHOWING REMOVEDSECURITY SOFTWARE AS BEING ACTIVE OR INACTIVE--------------------FORMicrosoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 and newer.--------------------ABOUTIf Security Center is detecting more than one firewall orantivirus installed, and you only have one it's because ofwhen you uninstalled a firewall or antivirus it causedSecurity Center's detection to become outdated. This isn'ta rare occurrence, it's common.--------------------HERE'S HOW TO REPAIR THIS ERROR1. Click Start -> Run -> type in: CMD.EXE2. In the Command Prompt window, copy and paste or type in:  NET STOP WINMGMT /Y and press Enter.3. Delete the Repository folder located in:  C:\Windows\System32\wbem4. Restart Windows. After Windows restarts the "Repository"  folder will automatically be recreated by Windows Security  Center.--------------------THIS ALLOWS* Windows Security Center to display the correct information about your installed firewall and antivirus software.* Stops error messages about uninstalled security programs being inactive.* Instant detection if Windows Firewall is disabled.--------------------NOTEIf you use Windows Firewall and have enabled the logging featureof dropped packets, etc., you'll have to re-enable the loggingfeature. Deleting the "Repository" folder will cause the loggingfeature to be turned off which is the default setting.