v2.24.1010 - Windows 7 Bug

RPG-LoRD

Running Windows 7 RC 64-Bit and I've had no problems with CCleaner up until this newest version.

One of my programs which is present on the start menu when you first click it (large icon) is TextPad

For the longest time, I've had a couple of important documents Pinned there and CCleaner did not touch them.

It would clear the document history, but leave the pinned items alone.

But since updating to v2.24.1010 it's been removing Pinned documents too, causing me to have to Re-pin them.

The first time this happened, I had to really search for these documents as I had forgotten where I had placed them.

- It's a bit late now, will check back later in the day after I get some sleep. :)

- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

• 3 weeks later...
Running Windows 7 RC 64-Bit and I've had no problems with CCleaner up until this newest version.

One of my programs which is present on the start menu when you first click it (large icon) is TextPad

For the longest time, I've had a couple of important documents Pinned there and CCleaner did not touch them.

It would clear the document history, but leave the pinned items alone.

But since updating to v2.24.1010 it's been removing Pinned documents too, causing me to have to Re-pin them.

The first time this happened, I had to really search for these documents as I had forgotten where I had placed them.

- It's a bit late now, will check back later in the day after I get some sleep. :)

did you try unchecking the box on the windows tab, under the Windows Explorer heading that says "Taskbar Jump Lists. Here is a picture that will help you know where it is:

post-32560-1256071255_thumb.png

post-32560-1256071255_thumb.png

• Moderators

I don't have Win7 myself but the other day I was reading the article in the link below.

It gives bit of info on pinned jump lists etc including where they can be found in the registry. Wondered if excluding the key mentioned here would help, although as I said I don't use Win7 so cannot confirm anything

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/5245/fix-fo...k-in-windows-7/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com