how to save the scan information to avoid the 2nd time scan

canuser

• Moderators

There's no way I know of. Such a list would be of limited use, and is unlikely to avoid doing a second scan if you wanted to process deleted files.

The problem is that the list contains nothing more than the file name and perhaps path info. In a normal scan Recuva might be able to access the MFT entry by deleted file name, but more probably the directory/indexing info in the MFT would be lost and the MFT would have to be rescanned to find the entry to check that it hasn't been reused. I find the scan to be very fast anyway.

In a deep scan then there's no way I know of finding a file in some distant cluster from file name alone, the disk would have to be rescanned. I think that there must be some information in the form of a cylinder/track/sector address that is used in the original scan list but would be lost if a list were saved.

The list of course is a moving target, you can never be sure that what Recuva has shown is a true reflection of the contents of the disk. I assume Recuva does a second check if you ask for a file to be overwritten, etc, to make sure that the space hasn't been reused subsequent to the list being produced. So a saved list would in effect decay with time.

(Ususal proviso, everyhting I post is just a wild guess.)

There's no way I know of. Such a list would be of limited use, and is unlikely to avoid doing a second scan if you wanted to process deleted files.

The problem is that the list contains nothing more than the file name and perhaps path info. In a normal scan Recuva might be able to access the MFT entry by deleted file name, but more probably the directory/indexing info in the MFT would be lost and the MFT would have to be rescanned to find the entry to check that it hasn't been reused. I find the scan to be very fast anyway.

In a deep scan then there's no way I know of finding a file in some distant cluster from file name alone, the disk would have to be rescanned. I think that there must be some information in the form of a cylinder/track/sector address that is used in the original scan list but would be lost if a list were saved.

The list of course is a moving target, you can never be sure that what Recuva has shown is a true reflection of the contents of the disk. I assume Recuva does a second check if you ask for a file to be overwritten, etc, to make sure that the space hasn't been reused subsequent to the list being produced. So a saved list would in effect decay with time.

(Ususal proviso, everyhting I post is just a wild guess.)

Thanks for your answer because I try the other program and they have the scan information save, therefore you can retrieve them again which save a lot of time. It is because my HD is 1 tb which need 16-17 hours to scan.