Cleaning options

Bellzemos

Hello!

When I'm using the "Cleaner" part of CCleaner I have everything checked except "Wipe Free Space" and that works allright with me, except for one thing. When I run it, it changes the icons in Windows Explorer from small to big (I guess that it deletes my custom settings in Windows Explorer). So, which box should I un-check to make CCleaner leave these icon settings as they were before? (I'm have Windows XP.)

Thank you! :)

Deselect Cleaner > Windows > Advanced > Window Size/Location Cache

Thank you, that was it! :)

What do you think, should I un-check some more boxes or it's allright to have them all checked?

And another question: I just cleaned everything and then reboot the PC. Imediatelly after the start-up I checked CCleaner and it showed that:

reboot.jpg

Do you know, why IE already has some Index.dat files - right after the reboot of the PC?

Thank you again! :)

I recommend you stay with the default settings unless you are sure you know what an item will do. Right click each category and select 'Restore default state' in the context menu.

If you use Microsoft Office, an item I personally don't like "out of the box" is Cleaner > Applications > Office 2003 . It clears a number of preference settings in Word.

Index.dat files regenerate as blank files at each boot.

I recommend you stay with the default settings unless you are sure you know what an item will do. Right click each category and select 'Restore default state' in the context menu.

If you use Microsoft Office, an item I personally don't like "out of the box" is Cleaner > Applications > Office 2003 . It clears a number of preference settings in Word.

Index.dat files regenerate as blank files at each boot.

I restored all the settings to default.

I use MS Office, but I don't really understand what you are telling me. What sould I un-check?

hhh.jpg

Thank you yet again! :)

Since you have 'Office XP' selected, CCleaner will clean a number of things such as the recently used files list.

What I don't like is that it deletes the registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data|Settings which stores custom settings for Word (e.g., View, File Location, etc.).

Since you don't seem to have noticed, you probably like the default settings for Word, so it's not a problem.