No Recovered Files

claysensei

Deep scan (14 hour scan) revealed thousands of missing files on my Western Digital FAT32 1TB external hard drive. 99% indicate a State = "Excellent" and Comment = "No overwritten clusters detected". However, when I select files for Recover I get a pop-up window indicating "Operation Complete...Recovered 0 files in 0.10 seconds...The following files were not recovered:" I've tried to recover many times all with the same result, 0 Recovered.

This is my first time using Recuva. Please help. Very important files on the disk.

Thank you!

Hey. this is not goin to be much help. recovering files is not my expertise. but just because a file is found./showed/even previwed as thumbnail. even with its 'excellent state' does not mean it can be recovered.

im sure an admin will help more

No fate but what we make

Hey. this is not goin to be much help. recovering files is not my expertise. but just because a file is found./showed/even previwed as thumbnail. even with its 'excellent state' does not mean it can be recovered.

im sure an admin will help more

Thanks for the reply. A bit discouraging!! But I did back off from the deep scan and did a quick scan and was able to recover almost 6,000 files. None of the music files though...

• Moderators

Why should there be? A moderator's (voluntary) job is to manage the board, not to reply to every post with wit, grace and impeccable wisdom. This is a self-help forum for a free product. Sometimes help and advice is, for whatever reason, not available.