Add Lotus Notes Support

lalot

Hello! I have found this product through a friend and it is great. I recently installed it on my work computer but it gives me a problem: Lotus Notes uses a temportary folder on the main identity Temp folder. I had to disable erasing the Temp folder because it causes issues with Lotus Notes. I now use Lotus Notes 8 and have the same issue. I think other users might find it very useful to add support for this program as it leaves big temp files.

Thank you and keep up the great work you do! :lol:

L.

You can preserve the Lotus junk from removal via Options -> Exclude

Lotus Notes is rubbish if it carefully positions essential files in TEMP.

Temporary means

Stuff I need right now, and I am to lazy to purge myself when I close - some one else can clear up after me ! !

With DOS it was absolutely standard that TEMP should be erased upon start-up.

I think Lotus were around when DOS was the only thing.

If Lotus don't even understand the fundamental rules of DOS I am surprised they can do anything under Windows.

I vote against CCleaner accumulating bloat that will waste cleaning time and disc space,

Special code to exclude from cleaning Lotus files in TEMP would be unjustified bloat for 99.9% of all users,

wasting their disc space and wasting execution time.

If similar effort was wasted on other applications which disregard fundamental rules of computer hygiene,

then Ccleaner would be monstrously bloated and burdened.

I vote against any such bloat.

I am more than happy to fine tune Ccleaner for by individual requirements via Include / Exclude / Winapp2.ini.

Regards

Alan