CCleaner

glenstff

After running the ccleaner and I ran it again. It always showed 0.00 bytes....Now, it says 5mb (one file). And does not delete, I could run cleaner all day over and over and it would show the same thing. 5mb...its says they are deleted but, if you run ccleaner again. there it is again...I am running windows xp media center sp 2. No I will not install service pack 3. It blocks stuff you could do in service pack 2 ie dvd creation and burning. ps. Says its a temp ie file.

Not sure if ccleaner is aware that, microsoft may have created something so, ccleaner will not delete (microsoft legal spyware) ie files.

Anyone know maybe? whats up?

thanks

• Moderators

Hi glen, and welcome to Piriform.

I'm guessing you're using IE8. The 5mb comes from the "Suggested Sites" feature in "Internet Properties\Advanced". Turn it off and the 5mb will disappear.

Hope that helps.

Hi glen, and welcome to Piriform.

I'm guessing you're using IE8. The 5mb comes from the "Suggested Sites" feature in "Internet Properties\Advanced". Turn it off and the 5mb will disappear.

Hope that helps.

Thank You. You are right, I just can back to report it is the IE 8 suggested files. I thank you very much. It was bothering me because I have used ccleaner for years. Thanks for the welcome......Glen :rolleyes: