Exclusion of an application from cleaning

pegas

Hi folks,

In another thread I placed a query that was probably overlooked ...

Here's go ...

In order to retain the GUI settings (fonts, menu etc.) in PC Translator I had to create exclusions otherwise the settings have gone every cleaning. It was quite fiddly job for me to identify what files I have to exclude. I went through program files, temp folders etc. to pinpoint them finally. These are:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\WDICT32.INI

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\WTRAN32.INI

To avoid such terrible job, I would like to see also exclusions for applications. In other words, if I would want exclude PC Translator from cleaning, I would be allowed to choose this application from a list (similar to the list of applications for uninstall purposes) and disable its cleaning. For those like me, not so PC-savvy, it would be really straightforward and convenient.

What do you think?

Thx and regards,

pegas

Acer TravelMate P645-MG, Intel Core i7 4500U 1,8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3GHz, 12GB RAM, SSD 256GB, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB, Windows Pro 64 8.1

• Moderators

I can't see this working unless CC had a list of every temporary file that every application ever written might create. If PC Translater keeps ini files in the temp int files folder then it's very poor programming. Many users clear temp int files on browser close, as they are quite entitled to do so.

I can't see this working unless CC had a list of every temporary file that every application ever written might create. If PC Translater keeps ini files in the temp int files folder then it's very poor programming. Many users clear temp int files on browser close, as they are quite entitled to do so.

Understood. Very clear reply. Thanks.

pegas

Acer TravelMate P645-MG, Intel Core i7 4500U 1,8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3GHz, 12GB RAM, SSD 256GB, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB, Windows Pro 64 8.1