command line options for registry

Please!!

I am a Small Business MSP and we use CCleaner every day.

We prefer to have automated scripts run for common maintenance tasks on our clients pc's.

But we really need a way to write scripts to launch the registry cleaning portion of CCleaner.

However, what we do on the registry cleaning section is run it 2, 3 or 4 times fixing all problems found until it finds no more problems.

If there was a way to automate that whole process that would be even Better!!

I hope you can add command line options for the registry cleaning soon, as we just can't live without it.

Thanks,

GreenLinkTech.com

I know you do not recommend that kind of behavior with registry cleaner, but we actually have had good success with it.

Of course we do it manually right now and we always backup the registry before each fix.

Perhaps if you do add command line options for registry cleaning, one of them would be an automatic backup of the registry settings about to be fixed to a folder like:

c:\documents and settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\CCleaner

• Moderators
Perhaps if you do add command line options for registry cleaning, one of them would be an automatic backup of the registry settings about to be fixed to a folder like:

c:\documents and settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\CCleaner

I think for it to offer such a feature of automatic registry cleaning, and then backing up the registry in a buried folder like that you listed (which most end-users probably won't go venturing into, and wouldn't find) it's going to need a more advanced and proper "click & restore" registry backup/restore feature built-in that shows exactly what was removed.

Although you're having good luck with the registry cleaning portion that doesn't necessarily mean it will always be the same 100% of the time on every computer you repair since you could get an odd ball computer that registry cleaning could cause issues on.