Run Cleaner Box Doesn't Stayed "Clicked"

tommyk

• Moderators

Not sure about that one tommy. Do you have your settings saved to an INI file (CCleaner\Options\Advanced).

And are there any other settings not staying set? Maybe a corrupt INI file in CCleaners folder?

I also have this same problem on one of the computers I support. The Run on Startup checkbox will stay checked for one user account, but not for another. Unfortunately, it's the account that isn't working, that gets the most use. :)

• Moderators

Hi Korgano, and welcome to Piriform.

Same question really. Is that the only setting that comes unstuck, and do you have the "Save To INI File" checked.

As much info as possible will help in finding a cause, and then hopefully a fix.

A friend made a new profile for me due to some other issues which have now been resolved. However, since then the check mark does not to stay in the Run Cleaner at Start Up box and I have to manually run the CCleaner.

Other than that there's been no changes.

• Moderators
I also have this same problem on one of the computers I support. The Run on Startup checkbox will stay checked for one user account, but not for another. Unfortunately, it's the account that isn't working, that gets the most use. :)

When you don't have a solution, you scrabble about for any possibilities, which I'm doing now. See below.

A friend made a new profile for me due to some other issues which have now been resolved. However, since then the check mark does not to stay in the Run Cleaner at Start Up box and I have to manually run the CCleaner.

Other than that there's been no changes.

There's a similarity in your two problems. I'm wondering if it might be a permissions issue, in so far as it's happening firstly on a different user account, and in tommy's case a new user account.

I'm wondering if the decision to check this particular box was taken after changing a user account on a network, or after making a new user account. Does that make sense to either of you?

No other ideas at the moment, as this is the first time I've seen posts about this particular problem. Maybe one of the other guys might have different thoughts on it.

• Moderators

I don't have any experience of running different profiles on a computer, so I'm just trying to imagine possible scenarios of having more than one profile on the same PC.

You can have more than 1 instance of CCleaner running at the same time, but maybe you can't have more than 1 instance of CCleaner configured to run at startup.

What would happen if you unchecked that feature in the other profile, and then checked it in your new profile. I would be interested to see if the new one stayed checked under those conditions.

EDIT:

If we can't solve this one, you could always configure CCleaner to run and then auto shutdown. Personally, I think this is a better idea, as it doesn't mess with boot up time.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=16551

I have the CCleaner Auto Shutdown shortcut in my Quick Launch menu, and that's the last thing I do. One click and forget about it.

I don't have any experience of running different profiles on a computer, so I'm just trying to imagine possible scenarios of having more than one profile on the same PC.

You can have more than 1 instance of CCleaner running at the same time, but maybe you can't have more than 1 instance of CCleaner configured to run at startup.

What would happen if you unchecked that feature in the other profile, and then checked it in your new profile. I would be interested to see if the new one stayed checked under those conditions.

I have 16 computers, all with the same exact hardware and software configurations. This is the only 1 of those 16 that has this problem. So, to answer your first thought, I believe you can have more than one profile set to run CCleaner at startup, because I have 15 computers that do it without problems for both user profiles.

With regards to the second thought, I unchecked that option in the one user account, then went back and tried to check it in the other user account, and it still wouldn't keep the check mark.

To answer your very first question to me, no, I do not have the Save all settings to INI file checked. To my knowledge, this is the only checkbox that won't stay checked.

• Moderators

Thanks for your response Korgano. I'm fresh out of ideas as to why all your other pc's retain this checkbox setting, and one refuses to do so. Same with tommy and his two profiles.

If any of the other guys on here have any thoughts, I'm sure they'll contribute. Aside from that, the developers do read all these posts, and maybe they can come up with an answer.