Accidently Shift-Deleted "Documents" folder from Vista

sooner_luvr

Hi all.

I accidently shift-deleted (yes, shift-delete) my "Documents" folder in Vista.

I have searched the entire drive with Enable Deep Scan checked, but it will not find the files. It does find many previously deleted files - Like it finds

MANY from c:\users\MyName\AppData...but NOT ANY from c:\users\MyName\Documents

Can anyone help me with why Recuva cannot fild the files I deleted? Any other ideas?

Thank you!

• Moderators

I guess that you're saying that you can't see any entry in the path column for c:\users\MyName\Documents? If so, I don't know why the folder name isn't showing. Recuva does show a lot of file names with c:\?\ as the folder name, so it seems that it sometimes can't interpret the path correctly.

It may well be that the majority of the files are found by Recuva, but without a folder name it will be difficult to find them to get them all back.

I guess that you're saying that you can't see any entry in the path column for c:\users\MyName\Documents? If so, I don't know why the folder name isn't showing. Recuva does show a lot of file names with c:\?\ as the folder name, so it seems that it sometimes can't interpret the path correctly.

It may well be that the majority of the files are found by Recuva, but without a folder name it will be difficult to find them to get them all back.

I did find a lot of files with the path c:\?\ .

Then I searched within the results in Recuva for a specific file name that was in the Documents folder, and the file was not there.