no check box, right click, shift or ctrl+pick for multi-selection

I guess that's just how it is. Maybe these tweaks will come later.

I have wondered about this myself.

Version 2.08 or so of CCleaner had checkmark boxes + multi selections, I believe.

I may be wrong on the version, but I remember that one of the versions did have it.

They really need to bring that back for startup + restore points

how come no check box, right click, shift or ctrl+pick for multi-selection in startup, system restore option?

Noticed that and was very disappointed. I was making a program that when i tested it several times created many system restore points, i wanted to wipe them. Hope they add that

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

how come no check box, right click, shift or ctrl+pick for multi-selection in startup, system restore option?

I agree. You should be able to click-shift, select many restore points and delete them all. Great product otherwise though!

The addition of the System Restore is an excellent enhancement. One niggle - it looks like it either reads the whole restore point name as text and sorts accordingly or maybe it reads the date field and treats it as mm/dd/yyyy. With the pc set to UK regional options I'm seeing first the points in May and then the ones from April as below:

01/05/2009 12:09:32 System Checkpoint

02/05/2009 12:44:29 System Checkpoint

03/05/2009 13:13:22 System Checkpoint

04/05/2009 17:54:32 System Checkpoint

05/05/2009 08:20:01 Software Distribution Service 3.0

06/05/2009 15:31:56 System Checkpoint

07/05/2009 15:55:56 System Checkpoint

08/05/2009 19:50:11 System Checkpoint

09/05/2009 08:33:06 Software Distribution Service 3.0

29/04/2009 10:37:35 System Checkpoint

30/04/2009 11:44:09 Software Distribution Service 3.0

Is there something I can do to get them in true date order (apart from changing to US date format! ;) )?

Just click on the Date and Time header.

Thanks for answering. I thought I'd tried but but maybe I'm imagining it. By the time I came back to your reply I'd cleared out the April SRPs so I'll have to wait till the start of next month to try again. I'm sure you're right though.

Any idea why they were displayed in that order in the first place - neither by date or name?

• Moderators

Nope. Maybe in the order that the files are plucked from the MFT, or whatever method CC uses. Maybe the same order as Recuva returns files.