Defraggler Slow on my Vista Machine

GrantSandy

I have a windows vista machine with a 450 Gbyte hard drive. I can't get the defrag to complete. I have started and stopped it several times in the last 3 days. At this point it has been running for about 36 hours continuously:

Degragmenting (42%)

Analysis Results:

625 Framgmented Files (64.6 GB)

2091 Total Fragments

47% Fragmentation

Current state:

89 Fragmented Files (64.1 GB)

253 Total Fragments

47% Fragmentation

Total Fragmented Files has not reduced any in the last couple of hours. Is there anything I should be doing differently.

I have a windows vista machine with a 450 Gbyte hard drive. I can't get the defrag to complete. I have started and stopped it several times in the last 3 days. At this point it has been running for about 36 hours continuously:

Degragmenting (42%)

Analysis Results:

625 Framgmented Files (64.6 GB)

2091 Total Fragments

47% Fragmentation

Current state:

89 Fragmented Files (64.1 GB)

253 Total Fragments

47% Fragmentation

Total Fragmented Files has not reduced any in the last couple of hours. Is there anything I should be doing differently.

Just wondering, is windows defrag any faster?

Or just an Issue with Defraggler?

And you may want to include the PC specs (ram, cpu, etc) to help the dev's and other tech savvy users look into it.

fireryone

Just wondering, is windows defrag any faster?

Or just an Issue with Defraggler?

And you may want to include the PC specs (ram, cpu, etc) to help the dev's and other tech savvy users look into it.

I do not have a fix unfortunately, but must mention this happens to me too on both my own workhorse AND on BRAND NEW BUILT AND VISTA CLEANLY LOADED PCs we build for our customers.

As an example I have a PC sitting next to me cleanly built that has been running overnight (more than 12 hours) and is still only 43% defragmented. This machine has bugger all on it too of course being cleanly built. I've only been using Defraggler after loving CCCleaner for years for a few weeks, but I'm not inspired by confidence at the moment.