Defraggler crashes if can't resolve update server through proxy?

Bassmanadam

Hello,

I posted in some forums a few months back that were never resolved about defraggler crashing after starting the program. Today I think I found the problem. I installed defraggler on a coworker's personal laptop at work after doing a fresh install of windows on it. It crashed immediately. Frustrated as I never was able to get help on the issue before, I decided to look at the old error I still had written down to see if it was the same. It was close but the offset was a little different. I then unplugged the network cable and tried again. It went through fine this time. I plugged back in and it gave some sort of update not available message on startup. After that it ran fine and unplugged or plugged in it does not crash anymore. So....does defraggler do a one-time update check upon first install maybe?

If so, I believe that the crashing on startup is from the corporate proxy not allowing defraggler to resolve to its update server...or not having credentials to pass through it to actually update. Hopefully this can be fixed now with this info. If anyone wants any logs or anything for me to do or try, let me know.

Thank you,

Bassmanadam

Another member PM'd me and confirmed that they were behind a proxy as well. Once they unplugged from the network it worked the same way it did for me and then from then on did not crash. Hopefully this bug can be fixed relatively easily with this knowledge.

Found a work around... Disconnecting from the network does resolve the issue, but if you don't stop it from automatically checking for updates in the options, you will continue to have problems when you are on the network and attempt to run it.

go to Settings, options, and uncheck the checkbox for Automatically check for updates to Defraggler.

I have done that to the servers that I have behind a proxy server and it has worked!!!

This is a problem and I sure hope that they fix it.

I hope it helps everyone out.

Mark