Ccleaner will not delete Dr Watson files

petercolin

I have Windows XP with SP2 and I regularly use Ccleaner to clear out all the Internet files etc. created after each session. Until yesterday Ccleaner cleared out all the files but on this occasion it left 71.47 KB tp be removed and it will not remove this.

The file is C:\Documents and Settings\all Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\User.dmp 71.47KB

When I used Search to find this file it found a file drwatson c\windows32\system32\ 28 KB

The Search then stopped and a a Password Needed Box appeared saying - "The backup you have chosen is password protected. To access this backup archive you must enter a password".

Does anyone know please:-

(a) what these Dr Watson files are

(B) are they important and if so what action do I need to take and

© If they are not important is it ok to delete them and if so, how do I obtain the password required by the Search program.

I apologise if this is trivial matter I have raised but if anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Thanks

I believe Dr. Watson files are something akin to PC health logs. The Dr. Watson app is built into Windows. It's not the type of app with a user interface. It's more of an internal system checker of some sort. I wouldn't mess with its files, which I assume are pretty small anyway.