Pictures Lost from SD Card-Need Help!

romawithissues

I stupidly decided to move my pictures that were on my computer, to a card reader with an SD card, because my CD rom is broken and has to be replaced. I moved about 420 files that were in several folders. They all appeared to be transfering just fine, but when I was almost done, I attempted to create a few new folders to organize them, and all the folder and file names that were listed in that card, seemed to turn to unrecognizable figures and characters. A friend told me about Recuva, so I came here, read up on what I think I was supposed to be doing to retrieve them. I went to the Advanced options tab, then Options, then checked the box that said to look for undeleted files from damaged or reformatted discs. I also had the correct drive chosen, and the scan completed in a matter of seconds, finding nothing. Then I went back and checked the box to do a deep scan, which brought up about 420 files, all but 44 were listed as excellent for recovering. I believe that when I pushed the recover button, I only checked the ones that were listed as recoverable. Also since my CD rom is broke, I recovered it back to the drive, which is where I had moved them from, just not to the same folder, so it would't cause confusion, if I end up having to scan that drive. I have now scanned the SD card about 3 times, changing boxes that are checked, because I thought I did something wrong, all in the advanced mode, as I understood I was supposed to. I am not clear, however, exactly which boxes should be checked and not checked, and if I have ruined my chances of recovery since I have already scanned it 3 times...I suppose I am missing something somewhere, didn't read a page here that I was supposed to, but I thought I had read it all....could someone help me, if it is still possible to retrieve my pictures....? I should have copied to that card, instead of totally moving them. You know what they say about hindsight...Also, would it be worth trying to scan the drive or folder that I moved them from? Or will they not show up, since they were actually moved....?? Please help me...I am desperately needing these pictures. Thanks... romawithissues

Have you tried scanning the drive you moved them from, as you probably have more chance that way.

It sounds like the sd card is faulty or showing up as an incorrect size...

fireryone