ran wipe free space, now harddrive is full

• Moderators

Try running the "wipe free space" again. I've seen instances of this problem with other free space wipers being fixed by doing that. If it doesn't recognize any free space, there might be a large newly created file you could delete normally.

I would suggest not running the other CCleaner options whilst doing this. I always run CCleaner normally, and then the free space option on it's own. And it could take some time.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators

You could search for files modifed today (or when you ran CC) and sort by name, and you may see a number of similar sized files with a similar name pattern, with a near identical create time (when you ran CC), all containing zeroes. You could chop these - not to the recycler! (This is just a guess how CC wipe free space works.)

I was having the same issue with CCleaner on my desktop and laptop. Both running Vista x64. I would Run CCleaner and my free space would magically disappear. I kept receiving Low Disk Space pop up messages in the system tray. I did some researching on the Internet found a program called "WinDirStat" that will examine every file on your hard drive and found that in my "$RecycleBin" folder that one file was not being removed and just kept building up in size. That program easily removed the file and my disk space returned to normal. This issue happens every time I run CCleaner to remove file from my Recycle Bin. Give that program a try. It's 100% free. http://windirstat.info/

Sincerely,

sbach89