CCleaner

lylal

CCleaner used to work fine on my ME system but a bug has developed and now it reports (in less than a second of analysis) that it has found nothing to clean -- even if there are many mgs to clean. The setup properly identifies all the files/folders that should be analyzed but that's not happening. English is set as the language. Reg Cleaner works fine. Suggestions?

Welcome to Piriform lylal.

CCleaner used to work fine on my ME system but a bug has developed and now it reports (in less than a second of analysis) that it has found nothing to clean -- even if there are many mgs to clean. The setup properly identifies all the files/folders that should be analyzed but that's not happening. English is set as the language. Reg Cleaner works fine. Suggestions?

Well I've used CC for a number of years on a Win9x system and it works as it says on the tin. What are you saying it doesn't remove? Which options do you have ticked?

The main thing that CC does it remove the normal craps that your system produces e.g. in your Windows\Temp folder, Windows\Temporary Internet Files, Windows\Cookies folder unless you save some cookies, any update files downloaded by AVG, any update files used by Adobe Flash Player unless you have those switched off as I do.

The language option has only been available on the last two updates. I made a comment that on Win9x if you click on the language ComboBox it didn't stop open, it just flashed up and selected the language that was close to the mouse. If you only need the English language then you can delete the lang folder in the CC folder, the same goes for Recuva.

Which version are you now using? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• 4 weeks later...

ylal, I have the same problem since v2.15, but on a Win98se platform.

Please see the results on Win98se with v2.15+ first, then with v2.14 on the same computer

And spot the deliberate mistake !

CCleaner v2.15, 2.16, 2.17 - click on "Cleaner" on the left side, then on "Analyse"

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (0.005 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 bytes to be removed. (Approximate size)

(approximate size of 0 byte ? It's really impressive !)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to v2.14 (3 min. later)

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (1.876 secs)

78,7MB to be removed. (Approximate size)

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20976

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20917

No positive replies so far !